It's been officially one week since we first headed out on our journey to the Penang Island Jazz Fest 2006...
Blame us for the lack of sleep and busy schedules but the fact that we were actually going to the fest didn't quite hit us, which in retrospect was a good thing, because when we got onto the bus and eyed all those instrument cases that the other musicians were loading, we turned and looked each other in the eye, and realised that : "Man. We. Are. SOOOOOO. Going. To. The Festival. Dude." ;p
This was our first proper festival, and the buzz in the air was unmistakble. I guess when you house this whole troupe of musicians from all over the planet together, there's bound to be tons of excitement!
We don't know how to start thanking everyone who helped make this festival the bestest ever, but we're going to try anyway!
1. Uncle Paul - Thanks for coming to check us out at KL Sing Song 2006. Thanks for thinking we sounded interesting enough for the fest. Thanks for inviting us to play. Thanks for being our 'second father' and taking good care of us at the fest. Without you, there wouldnt be anything to begin with and we're so happy and grateful to be part of that Penang Island Jazz Fest experience!
2. Kevin aka Loon Loon - For liking us enough to wanna play with us in the first place, and for sticking with us for so long, we love you and those faces you make while playing your bass!
3. Justin - Thanks for agreeing to jam with us, staying up late both nights to make sure we did a good job, and just for being that wonderful, talented, funny guy that you are!
4. Gigi - Thanks for jumping in last minute on our first performance, and thanks for plodding on even when the songs refused to go into your head!
5. Maxine - Thanks for taking good care of us on the trip, though you had a migraine and had to entertain multiple requests from the other passengers! ;p
6. Denise (and Sal) - This true goddess showed us what it was like to truly 'do your thang', because all it takes is belief in yourself and a whole lot of luuuuurve!
7. Brian - Thanks for making us laugh and keeping us company the entire time! If we went to the festival and came back with only your friendship it would be worth it! :)
8. Young Do - Thanks for being the funniest guy at the fest, amd helping us exercise our lungs while laughing with you all the time! :)
9. Uncle Lewis, Uncle Andy, John Kaizan - For your encouragement and support, because it really means a lot to us when you show us the way to get there, is just by loving what you do... :)
10. All the performers No Age Limit, Albert & Badar, Java Five, Seo Young Do Trio, Farid Ali & Roger Wang, James Boyle and the Ragged Tigers etc etc - Thanks for playing your hearts out because you guys made the festival DA BOMB!
11. All the people behind the scenes (you know who you are) - Thanks for your labor of love, your salty sweat and puffy eyes, because you were the clockwork behidn the entire festival, giving everyone the best times of their lives!
12. All the people who gave us pats on the back, who grooved to our songs, who came and just listened to our music - It's because of you that we're even more in love with what we do!
If we missed out on thanking you, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to berate us for our ingratitude. ;p
But seriously, I think we're making plans to come back next year as volunteers, even it was only for the good food they had in Penang! HAHAHA.
I know we sound like a broken record by now, but all we can say is THANK YOU!!!!!!!